Super Bowl Champion Shane Ray was selected in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos. A stand out at the University of Missouri, Shane was one of the top pass rushers in the SEC. While at Mizzou, Shane was named 2014 SEC Defensive Player of the Year and was voted a unanimous All-American. His 65 tackles and 14.5 sacks broke the SEC record of 11.5 sacks previously held by Aldon Smith and Michael Sam.
Shane made an immediate impact as a rookie on the Denver Broncos’ defensive. His ferocious speed and power coming off the edge contributed to the NFL’s best defense and a Super Bowl win for the city of Denver. During the Broncos Super Bowl campaign, Shane recorded four sacks and established himself as one of the league’s up-and-coming pass rushers.
Off the field, Shane remains committed to giving back. He and his mother Sebrina are founders of 56 Rays Awareness and give new or gently used cleats and footwear to underserved boys and girls under the program “Shane’s Shoes.” He is also the Broncos Team Tackle representative and is committed to his work as an American Diabetes Association ambassador, a disease that affects multiple members of his family.
Originally from Kansas City, MO Shane attended Bishop Miege High School in Kansas where he was named first-team all state honors as a senior. He returned to Bishop Miege following his Super Bowl win where he was honored for his work on the football field and in the community.
In the News Highlights:
- Shane Ray has been a student long enough. He’s gunning for Von Miller-level success now.
- Pick of Shane Ray is paying off for Denver Broncos
- Miege grad, former Mizzou star Shane Ray announces free youth football clinic
- Broncos’ Shane Ray sees Ware’s retirement as bittersweet
- Broncos’ Shane Ray is in pursuit of ‘a sack a game’
- Player’s Tribune: The Murder Factory
- Ray Has Lofty Goals Entering Third Season
- Shane Ray capable of Pro Bowl-caliber production for Denver Broncos
- Shane Ray makes NFL.com’s All-Under-25 team
- Former Mizzou star Shane Ray of the Broncos launches charity in KC
- Shane Ray launching foundation with party and fundraiser this weekend in Kansas City
- Broncos’ belief in Shane Ray’s progress will impact offseason plan
- Denver Broncos’ most improved of 2016: Shane Ray
- Shane Ray, more mature and seeking elite status, returns home to show how far he’s come
- Shane Ray to host inaugural ‘Shane’s Shoes’ event
- Bronco’s Linebacker Shane Ray: Hibachi, Please! I’m a Benihana Chef Now!
- Shane Ray’s Journey From Faurot Field to the Super Bowl
- Oklahoma Drill: Shane Ray
- Ray: ‘Totally possible’ Broncos D finishes better than 2015’s
- Denver Broncos: Shane Ray Soon To Be Elite
- If Shane Ray is doing it right, he “can’t be blocked.” And Broncos need him to step up.
- Gottlieb: Shane Ray talks Broncos
- Shane Ray Ready To ‘Take It To Another Level’
- Shane Ray significantly more prepared to fill in for DeMarcus Ware this season
- Ray’s touchdown helps Broncos beat Colts
- Riddle Me This With Shane Ray
- Shane Ray Could Be NFL’s Sophomore Defensive Player of the Year
- Shane Ray Bulks Up For NFL Year Two
- Broncos’ Shane Ray Honored at Bishop Miege
- Super Bowl Champion Shane Ray is Living in the Moment
- Rolling Stone: Broncos’ Shane Ray on Super Bowl 50
- E:60 —The Prospect
- Shane Ray Faced Many Hurdles During Journey to Football Stardom at Missouri